June 29th, 2019

Hello readers! It's been a very busy June for me, so allow me to explain all that's happened:

First of all, early in the month I had the remarkable experience of being interviewed for a short TV spot about Billy the Pop and the Hamilton Prize I received for it (more about that in the previous post)! Having a reporter and camera operator come to your house is an unforgettable time for sure, and I never would have expected drawing this strip would've eventually led to such a thing happening. Shoutout to Kellye Lynn and WJLA for doing this! Check it out here.

Next, I was busy for the first half of June with my senior project, for which I directed a short film! I'm pretty proud of the result. If anyone's interested in watching it, it can be found here.

After that, some very important news is that I have now graduated from high school. It's fascinating to look back at my first days drawing and posting Billy in 7th grade; back then I imagined that perhaps I would continue the strip all the way through senior year, but I was always unsure that I would last that long. But here we are! For those who have been with the strip since the start, does it feel like it's been five and a half years? It's hard to grasp that it's been that long for me, but I know I've changed a lot in that time.

Anyway, I'm going to stick to my promise and step up the pace of these posts starting now. Since college is speedily approaching, I sadly won't be able to keep drawing Billy for much longer, so I've gotta make this summer count! I'll be on vacation at the beach next week, so I'll be sure to take plenty of time to draw while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Comic, Last Comic and Home links are up here!

^ ^ ^