May 27th, 2019

Hey guys! A lot has happened since the last time I posted, so let me go over that real quick:

The biggest news is that Billy the Pop received an Honorable Mention for Wesleyan University's Hamilton Prize! This means I'll be given a $5,000 stipend to use for creative purposes at university. It's really great that my work on this strip has resulted in any sort of recognition, so I'm incredibly grateful for this! As if that weren't enough, Lin-Manuel Miranda (who you may know as the guy who did Hamilton) mentioned my name in a tweet about the prize, which is just unbelievable. Like, seriously how. 

I can see from the statistics that a lot of new people have visited this site because of this prize and the press rollout thereof, so if you're still here, welcome! Obviously I was a little late to make a post on the matter, but since school is winding down, I plan to post more reliably in the coming months. If you like what you've seen, stick around!

Shortly after receiving the prize, I was lucky enough to be interviewed about Billy for an article in DCist, which can be found here: https://dcist.com/story/19/05/22/meet-the-17-year-old-arlington-cartoonist-who-just-got-a-shoutout-from-lin-manuel-miranda/ Major thanks to Chelsea Cirruzzo for putting this all together!

Phew, that was quite a few things! There's a comic strip up there too if you want to read that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Comic, Last Comic and Home links are up here!

^ ^ ^