June 27th, 2015

This strip was drawn for the U.S. Department of Interior's Newswave article! The Newswave is a newsletter dedicated to showcasing current ocean activities. I was lucky enough to be interviewed and given a page of the article, because of this older ocean-themed comic strip I made a while back. I was asked to draw another ocean-related strip, which led to this one's creation. I was a little concerned about selling out by drawing this one, even if it was for a good cause. But oceans are something I actually care about, so it came rather naturally. I had a lot of fun coloring the big reef scene in the center. Huge thanks to Lori Faeth for setting me up with the whole thing, and to Ann Tihansky, who interviewed and wrote the article! If you want to read the issue of Newswave, click here. My segment is on page 8, but you should certainly read the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Comic, Last Comic and Home links are up here!

^ ^ ^