April 1st, 2019

Hey everyone! This is a huge announcement. Billy the Pop has just stepped up to a new level. Through much networking and emailing, talking to agents, financiers and producers, I managed to get a contract signed for the development of a feature-length Billy the Pop movie! 
Real Hollywood executives have already green-lit production and distribution of the film, to be titled Billy the Pop the Movie. It's set to be out by the end of 2020. Here's the poster:


I know it says my name at the bottom there, but actually I'm having very little input on the final movie. The contract required that I give away the rights to Billy and all its related properties, meaning I can no longer draw and post this strip online, nor will I have any oversight in the writing of the film. I'm not even sure if it's going to be animated or live-action. But that's okay, I'm sure the studio will come together with something great!
Thank you all for coming with me on this great journey. And be sure to see Billy the Pop the Movie, in theaters late 2020!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
April Fools!

You guys know I couldn't miss my yearly April Fools' prank. It's a Billy tradition!
Actually, a Billy the Pop movie would be pretty cool, but I would definitely need to have creative control over it. Although it would require voice actors for the characters, which might ruin some of the magic of the strip.

Anyway, here's the actual strip for today:

It's a bit of a shame to see Pete being corrupted by Billy's ways. I like to think he's just trying to blend in with what Billy is doing; he's not like that on his own. 

1 comment:

Next Comic, Last Comic and Home links are up here!

^ ^ ^